Is Your Car Holiday Ready?
Avoid breakdowns this summer and keep your car running smoothly with our free Summer Health Check!
Claim your FREE Summer Health Check by calling 0333 247 9999.
At IN'n'OUT Autocentres we understand it can sometimes be difficult to find the time to keep your car healthy, that's why we are offering every customer a free Summer Health Check!
Our expert technicans will inspect your car and create an easy to follow report. Each area will be given a rating of red, amber or green along with any recommendations and how urgent they are.
- Green. Great! No further action is required to your car. You're good to go!
- Amber.The component is OK for now, but work will need to be done on it in the near future, or you can have the work done there and then if you prefer.
- Red. Immediate attention is required for your safety and/or because the component is past the legal limit.
Following your Summer Health Check we will talk you through your report advising where necessary should we identify any amber or red conditions. There's no obligation to carry out any of the work, you will simply be advised of any actions we may recommend.
MOT Test Top Tips
The MOT Test will decide if your car is road worthy or not, so it’s important that it passes first time if you don’t want to pay for repairs.
This handy checklist will help you get your car ready for its MOT test, giving you a heads up about the main areas that’ll be tested on the day.
- Tyres. The minimum legal tyre tread is 1.6mm, so check the small raised areas at the bottom of the grooves and snap up some new tyres if they’re thin or bare.
- Lights. It’s easy to have a bulb go without you noticing, so make sure all your lights –headlights, sidelights, indicators and registration plate bulbs – work and get them replaced if not. Faulty bulbs are the most common reason for failed MOT tests, so don’t let a little thing like this get in the way of yours.
- Windscreen. If you have windscreen cracks that are bigger than 1cm in diameter, you’ll probably need to get it repaired or replaced before your MOT test. Check that your wipers are in good nick and replace them if needs be. You may as well top up your screen wash while you’re at it.
- Brakes. Check that you don’t have any visible leaks from your brake pipe. If your car has ABS brakes, make sure the warning light works.
- Dashboard. Check that all the lights on your dashboard come on when you turn the key.
- Bodywork. A spot or two of rust probably won’t lead to an MOT mess-up, but big rusty panels and gaps where your bodywork used to be could spell trouble.
- Mirrors. It sounds obvious, but all your mirrors, including rear-view and wing mirrors, need to be in good condition so you can see what’s going on around you when you’re driving.
- Exhaust. If your exhaust pipe’s loose or making a strange noise, you may need to get it fixed if you want to pass your MOT test.
- Seatbelts. All your seatbelts need to be fully functional, so give these a quick check.
- Registration plates. Your registration plates should be clean, legal and easy to read.
Seeing as you’ll need to fix anything that isn’t working in the long run, you may as well get ahead of the game and ensure the MOT process is as quick, convenient and affordable as can be.
If you’re not confident following these MOT top tips yourself, help is at hand! At IN’n’OUT, we’ll do everything we can to get your car through its MOT test the first time round, but if not we offer a FREE retest within 10 working days, so there’s no need to panic.
Our MOT only and takes on average 60 minutes and is only £39 when booked online. We use state of the art automated one-man test lanes so your car gets thoroughly checked while you grab a seat in our comfy waiting room with a magazine, a free hot drink and free Wi-Fi.
If you’d like to service your car at the same time, why not take advantage of our MOT & Service Combi packages from just £128*? It includes a free MOT retest and parts included in the service.
For detailed information about the MOT Test visit the government site.